Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Swaddled



I'm a huge believer in swaddling.
This is Lily in one of her Aden & Anais swaddling wraps. When she was brand new I always kept her arms in the blanket. Now she gets them loose most of the time.

Aden & Anais wraps are 100% muslin and huge. They are 47" by 47". This size makes swaddling so easy. They are soft and according to their claims get softer with each washing. I was skeptical about this because we air dry everything and a lot of our stuff gets very stiff. Aden & Anais were true to their word though. They just keep getting softer.


They make two ply swaddle wraps for winter. I found with Lily's size the single ply was fine. I just folded it in half so it was a big triangle and she was plenty warm. They also make a 6 ply blanket. I would love one of those.


I have to admit that I don't use their swaddling technique. I came up with my own because its what works well for us.


The colors and patterns are really cute. They have girl, boy and neutral palates.


Why should you swaddle?
* Swaddling helps to make your baby feel secure and comfortable, as it is designed to imitate the security of the enclosed surroundings they experienced in the womb
* Swaddling helps your baby sleep on their back, the pediatrician recommended sleeping position
* Swaddling helps your baby stay asleep by reducing sudden arm and leg movements (startle reflexes)
Among other reasons.


These wraps are useful for things other then swaddling too. I've used it as a nursing cover and a clean diaper changing location.


The company was started my two Australian Moms, which I love.

*******
Aden & Anais have never heard of me. They didn't ask me to do this review. I did it to get my feet wet. This is my firs review and any comments or suggestions (I cry easy, please be nice) would be helpful.

3 comments:

  1. I think it was great! You could add some pictures from the Aden and Anais site if there are any... I love that included a pic of your baby, though! I like adding personal touches to my reviews. You should blog your swaddling technique, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that *you* included a pic of your baby. lol I hate typos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback Lindsey.
    I was afraid to use pictures from their site since they didn't ask me to do the review, but I had considered it.
    I think I'll take your advice and do a swaddling instruction post. Any excuse to put up more pictures of Lily really. :)

    ReplyDelete

I need to feel the love people. :)

I used to be a lurker so I understand but I live for comments.
Thanks a bunch.